Open main menu
English: The Babson service buildings are the remaining structures of the Henry Babson country estate at 277 to 283 Gatesby Road in Riverside, Illinois. They were designed by Purcell & Elmslie and built around 1915 for servants' quarters, stables, garage, and storage. By the 1960s they were remodeled into 2 homes with a shared garage. Architectural drawings are sometimes labeled as the Babson Stable & Service Building and with the address 283 Gatesby Lane. (The property's main house was to the south, and stood from circa 1905 to the 1950s or 1960s, when it was demolished to allow suburban subdivision development.)
Object location41° 52′ 08.2″ N, 87° 48′ 55.4″ W Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap.View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityramainfo

Media in category "Babson service buildings"

The following 27 files are in this category, out of 27 total.