Category:Bartow County Courthouse
county courthouse in Cartersville, Bartow County, Georgia
|Location||Cartersville, Bartow County, Georgia|
|Heritage designation|| |
English: The Bartow County Courthouse, built in 1902, is an historic redbrick Classical Revival style county courthouse located on Courthouse Square in Cartersville, Bartow County, United States. Designed by the Louisville architectural firm of Kenneth McDonald & Co. together with self-taught Georgia architect J. W. Golucke (James Wingfield Golucke), who is said to have designed 27 courthouses in Georgia and 4 in Alabama, it is Bartow County's third courthouse and the second one built in Cartersville. The first courthouse built in Cassville, while the county was known as Cass County, was burned by General Sherman's troops in 1864. In 1867 the county seat was moved to Cartersville and the second courthouse was built in 1873. It proved to be unsatisfactory because court proceedings had to be halted while trains passed by on the nearby railroad. In 1992 a courthouse annex known as the Frank Moore Administration and Judicial Center was completed. While the 1902 building is still used for some court purposes, most of the proceedings are held in the 1992 building.
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
Media in category "Bartow County Courthouse"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Bartow County courthouse, Feb 2017.jpg 3,456 × 2,304; 4.79 MB
- Bartow County Courthouse; Cartersville, Georgia; June 23, 2011.JPG 4,322 × 2,882; 1.18 MB
- Cartersville Courthouse.JPG 4,355 × 2,701; 5.55 MB
- North Erwin Street Historic District 2.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 881 KB
- Old Courthouse of Cartersville, Georgia.jpg 2,430 × 3,645; 9.86 MB