Bhakti (Sanskrit: भक्ति) is in Hinduism a term for religious devotion, understood as active involvement of a devotee in divine worship. The term is used within monotheistic Hinduism, referring to the love felt by the worshipper towards the personal God, a concept expressed in Hindu theology as Svayam Bhagavan. Bhakti can be used of either tradition of Hindu monotheism, Shaivaism or Vaishnavism.[ While bhakti as designating a religious path is already a central concept in the Bhagavad Gita, it rises to importance in the medieval history of Hinduism, where the Bhakti movement saw a rapid growth beginning in Southern India beginning in the 5th CE, who spread bhakti poetry and devotion throughout India by the 12th-18th century CE.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Bhakti"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Gurudev2.jpg 507 × 720; 43 KB
- Idana matajii.jpg 3,664 × 2,062; 3.74 MB
- Jay kalika mandir Paharpur UP 243632.jpg 640 × 480; 110 KB
- Muzium Mandala Bhakti.jpg 2,144 × 1,424; 1.23 MB
- Narada Bhakti Sutra.jpg 327 × 502; 61 KB
- Shiva poet-saint devotee (1).jpg 1,520 × 2,688; 674 KB
- Shiva poet-saint devotee (2).jpg 1,520 × 2,688; 719 KB