English: Birdholme is a suburb of the town of Chesterfield, Derbyshire. To its south is Wingerworth, to its north is the town centre, to its west is Boythorpe, and to its east Hasland. It is a relatively deprived area of the town with the large St. Augustines council estate making up much of its area, though there are a few wealthier enclaves such as the beautifully tree-lined Langer Lane (pictured). The Bryan Donkin factory used to dominate the landscape of the area, but it closed in 2004 and a new housing development is being built on that site.
village in United Kingdom
|Location||Derbyshire, East Midlands, England, UK|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Birdholme"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Birdholme, Chesterfield ... former post office. (5859061269).jpg 4,230 × 2,963; 7.97 MB
- Langer Lane, Birdholme, Derbyshire (geograph 207978).jpg 640 × 426; 65 KB
- Bramble and Gorse - geograph.org.uk - 357654.jpg 640 × 480; 204 KB
- Farm Buildings off Martins Lane - geograph.org.uk - 357607.jpg 640 × 480; 99 KB
- Hardwick Wood - yew tree - geograph.org.uk - 358089.jpg 640 × 480; 181 KB
- Leaving Hardwick Wood - geograph.org.uk - 357660.jpg 640 × 480; 143 KB
- View Back Towards Tupton From Ridge - geograph.org.uk - 298603.jpg 640 × 480; 58 KB
- Woodland Stream crosses Footpath - geograph.org.uk - 357624.jpg 640 × 480; 185 KB