Category:Bisbino (ship, 1907)
- Type Middle saloon steamer
- Builder Escher&Wyss - Zurich
- Hull type Steel, plan keel,
- Launched 1907
- Length 32 mt
- Breadth 5,50 mt
- Draught 1,26 mt
- Capacity 260 pax
- Engine builder Escher&Wyss - Zurich
- Engine type Compound steam engine, two vertical cylinders
- Power 250 HP
- Fuel Coal
- Propulsion 1 fixed propeller
- Maximum speed 18,4 km/h
- 1907 Named: BISBINO Flag: Italy
- 20.04.1911 8 p.m. Hits between Menaggio and Varenna a boat of Grand Hotel Menaggio with two people on board, stopped to repair the broken bow light. Captain of "Bisbino" immediately order to throw ropes to the shipwrecked, while two from the crew jump into the lake to help them out. Lucky no injuries or victims.
- 10.01.1945 Sailing in middle lake attacked by enemy anglo-american bombers. On board of "Bisbino" the wheelhouse is hit, captain Arturo Prevedoni dies and mariner Paolo Malugani is seriously injuried. "Bisbino" sails to Menaggio, and arrives at the pier.
- 21.08.1952 "Lariana" is forced to stop her lake service; the main part of the fleet is requisited by Governement Management, including s/s "Bisbino".
- 1955 Taken to Tavernola dock; rebuilt as a motor vessel, with new structures and hull modifies.
- 1956 Back to service
- 1982 Out of service
- 1991 Sold to private owners
- 1992 Sank after being vandalised. She was raised and restored as a floating bar & restaurant at Tremezzo.
Media in category "Bisbino (ship, 1907)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Ships of Lake Como - D...