English: A bivouac shelter is any of a variety of improvised camp sites such as those used in scouting and mountain climbing. It may often refer to sleeping in the open with a bivouac sack, but it may also refer to a shelter constructed of natural materials like a structure of branches to form frame may be utilized, which is then covered with leaves, ferns and similar for waterproofing and duff (leaf litter) for insulation.
- For military use, see Category:Bivouacs (military camps).
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Bivouac shelters in Switzerland (2 C)
Media in category "Bivouac shelters"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Bivouac montagne.jpg 4,736 × 2,664; 2.21 MB
- Bivouac on Moonflower Buttress.JPG 2,736 × 3,648; 3.67 MB
- Bivouac on summit of Psiloritis, Crete 01.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 1.37 MB
- Bivouac on summit of Psiloritis, Crete 02.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 1.59 MB
- Bivouac.jpg 800 × 600; 164 KB
- EselbergTalschlussUnterstand.JPG 4,000 × 2,420; 5.93 MB