Björkborn is situated in Karlskoga, Sweden. It is the site of Björkborns herrgård (Björkborn mansion), where Alfred Nobel spent part of his last years and where Nobel was considered to have his legal address with respect to the registration of his will, which created the Nobel Prize. Björkborn was originally a small iron works, initially priviliged in 1639, and operated in tandem with the Bofors iron works 2 km away. Nobel built a chemical laboratory next to the Björkborn mansion in 1895 and from 1898 it became the site of Bofors' powder and explosives manfacture. Björkborn mansion and the surrounding buildings today form a Nobel museum.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Björkborns herrgård (2 F)
Media in category "Björkborn"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Alfred Nobel bust Björkborn.jpg 1.91 MB
- Bjorkborn06oldstylenamesign.png 3.26 MB
- Horse carriage Björkborn.jpg 1.73 MB
- Nobel laboratory banner.jpg 320 KB
- Nobel will and inkhorn.jpg 1,007 KB
- Nobel will Björkborn.jpg 591 KB
- Nobel's death mask.jpg 395 KB
- Strv 103 Björkborn front.jpg 1.37 MB
- Strv 103 Björkborn.jpg 1.79 MB