Category:Black Cat (Washington, D.C. nightclub)
English: Black Cat is a nightclub in Washington, D.C., located on 14th Street Northwest in the Shaw/U Street neighborhood. The club was founded in 1993 and quickly established itself as a venue for independent music. While Black Cat is most known for its support of indie rock, featured musical acts include metal, punk, and electronic, as well as DJ/dance nights. The Black Cat's facility was built around 1913 as the showroom for the Warrington Motor Car Co., (it became the city's Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg dealership as well as a dealer for Stinson and Davis aircraft). The building is designated a contributing property to the Greater U Street Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.
Media in category "Black Cat (Washington, D.C. nightclub)"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Anousheh Khalili.jpg 19 KB
- Bon Iver.jpg 1.89 MB
- Damien Jurado (1).jpg 1.75 MB
- Freelance Whales.jpg 304 KB
- Freelance Whales2.jpg 666 KB
- Mac McCaughan.jpg 380 KB
- Pleaseeasaur.jpg 273 KB
- Robert Schneider.jpg 357 KB
- Super system1.jpg 232 KB
- The Black Cat - Washington, D.C..jpg 1,009 KB
- Tinted-Windows-Black-Cat.jpg 2.03 MB
- U.S.Royalty-Black-Cat-2009.jpg 2.12 MB
- Yeasayer.jpg 1.11 MB