Category:Blue Star Memorial Highway
English: Blue Star Memorial Highways are highways in the United States that are marked to pay tribute to the U.S. armed forces. The National Council of State Garden Clubs, now known as National Garden Clubs, started the program in 1945 after World War II. The blue star was used on service flags to denote a servicemember fighting in the war. The program has since been expanded to include Memorial Markers and Memorial By-ways (since 1994). These markers are used in National Cemeteries, parks, veterans facilities, and gardens.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► California State Route 36 (6 F)
Media in category "Blue Star Memorial Highway"
The following 86 files are in this category, out of 86 total.
- 1997 McCambridgePark1.jpg 1.12 MB
- Anchorpoint.jpg 769 KB
- Blue Star Highway Trinidad CA.jpg 1,011 KB
- Blue Star Memorial, Live Oak.JPG 11.81 MB
- BSMHUS40LakewoodCO.jpg 204 KB
- Iredell Co I-77S Rest Area-11.jpg 31.47 MB
- Iredell Co I-77S Rest Area-12.jpg 26.54 MB
- Iredell Co I-77S Rest Area-21.jpg 28.46 MB
- Pump at Blue Star Memorial.JPG 1.41 MB
- SC I-77S Welcome Center-01.jpg 4.11 MB
- SC I-77S Welcome Center-17.jpg 17.06 MB
- Surry Co I-77S Welcome Center-12.jpg 17.97 MB
- Thedford, Nebraska.jpg 6.71 MB
- US 70-Blue Star-Hickory NC.jpg 2.99 MB
- VA I-95N Welcome Center-03.jpg 3.37 MB
- Virginia Blue Star.JPG 324 KB