The Bowery Savings Bank at 130 Bowery between Grand and Broome Streets in Manhattan, New York was built in 1893-95 and was designed by Stanford White of McKim, Mead & White, with sculpted pediments by Frederick MacMonnies, and an interior in the style of a Roman temple. White's choice of Roman classical style for a bank building, a first, set a national trend. The "L" building, which is now a resataurant and nightclub, goes through to Elizabeth and Grand Streets, where the address is 228 Grand Street. It was designated a NYC landmark in 1966, and the interior was designated in 1994. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))
Media in category "Bowery Savings Bank 130 Bowery and 228 Grand Street"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.