The Nicholas Murray Butler Library, colloquially called Butler Library, on the Morningside Heights campus of Columbia University at 535 West 114th Street, the university's largest single library. It was built in 1931-34 and was designed by James Gamble Rogers in the Neoclassical style. Originally called "South Hall", it was named for Nicholas Murray Butler, who was president of Columbia from 1902-1945, who first proposed the building when plans to expand the Low Memorial Library did not come to fruition. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th. ed.))
Media in category "Butler Library"
The following 29 files are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Butler Library (1).jpg 25 KB
- Butler Library.jpg 716 KB
- Butler.JPG 2.41 MB
- ButlerinWinter.jpg 1.28 MB
- Columbia University 02.JPG 660 KB
- Columbia Walk Panorama.jpg 2.5 MB
- Columbia-Butler-Library.jpg 1.02 MB
- ColumbiaCampus.jpg 130 KB
- ColumbiaUniversity.jpg 472 KB
- Nyc columbia.jpg 14 KB
- WSTM Headcases 0116.jpg 1.26 MB