English: Caddo Lake is a 25,400 acre (103 km²) lake and wetland located in the Piney Woods region, on the border between Texas and Louisiana, in northern Harrison County and southern Marion County in Texas and western Caddo Parish in Louisiana.
- The lake is named after the Caddoan Mississippian culture, a Southeastern culture of Native Americans who lived in the area until their forced relocation in the 19th century.
- It is an internationally protected wetland under the RAMSAR treaty and is the largest natural fresh water lake in the South, and the largest Cypress forest in the world.
- Caddo was one of Texas's few natural lakes; however, it was artificially altered into a reservoir by the addition of a dam in the 1900s. The Texas portion is within Caddo Lake State Park.
فارسی: دریاچه کدو یکی از دریاچههای آب شیرین واقع در تگزاس است.
Français : Le Lac Caddo (Caddo Lake) est un lac de 103 km², situé sur la frontière entre le Texas et la Louisiane. Il tire son nom d'une tribu indienne autochtone (les Caddo ou Caddoans).
Italiano: Il Lago Caddo (in inglese: Caddo Lake, in francese: Lac Caddo) è un lago degli Stati Uniti d'America di 103 km².
lake in Louisiana, United States of America
|Heritage designation|| |
|Elevation above sea level|| |
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Caddo Lake"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Caddo Lake"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Caddo Lake - Goat Island camp site - panoramio.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 1.53 MB
- Caddo lake trees (cropped).jpg 1,794 × 256; 367 KB
- Caddo lake trees.jpg 1,794 × 1,196; 1.73 MB
- Caddo Lake- Channel.jpg 1,000 × 750; 637 KB
- Caddo Lake- Cypress.jpg 1,000 × 750; 612 KB
- Caddo winter.jpg 1,000 × 750; 659 KB
- Open bay in Caddo Lake - panoramio.jpg 1,024 × 768; 153 KB
- Taxodium distichum Caddo Lake TX 1.jpg 2,304 × 2,388; 2.93 MB
- Taxodium distichum Caddo Lake TX 2.jpg 2,282 × 2,945; 4.8 MB