English: The wide sand beach at Calgary is possibly the best in Mull, and its idyllic location makes it one of the finest in Scotland. Calgary Bay is located on the north west of Mull about 8 km (5 miles) past Dervaig, 12 miles (20 km) from the island's capital Tobermory, and is framed by low hills, partly wooded. A broad area of machair (a grassy meadow growing on calcareous sand) lies between the land and the beach. As the tide falls a river meanders across the sands, and the adjacent car parking area and public toilets make this ideal for camping (small campsite as of 2006 with limited sites).
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Calgary Bay (42 F)
Media in category "Calgary, Mull"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Art in Nature (geograph 2448060).jpg 640 × 480; 149 KB
- Caliach Farm - geograph.org.uk - 180766.jpg 640 × 480; 90 KB
- Tearoom near the road in Calgary (geograph 2000366).jpg 640 × 451; 78 KB
- Upside-down boat hut^ Calgary Bay - geograph.org.uk - 1195855.jpg 640 × 480; 121 KB
- Calgary Hotel, Nr. Dervaig Mull - geograph.org.uk - 665861.jpg 640 × 480; 137 KB
- Calgary House - geograph.org.uk - 175754.jpg 640 × 480; 100 KB
- Cliffs NW of Lagg - geograph.org.uk - 175769.jpg 640 × 480; 116 KB
- Sheep, Calgary Bay - geograph.org.uk - 181701.jpg 640 × 480; 124 KB
- Wooden sheep near Calgary Bay - geograph.org.uk - 30765.jpg 640 × 480; 175 KB