English: Lancelot Brown (1716–1783), more commonly known as Capability Brown, was an English Landscape designer the English landscape garden.
- He is remembered as "the last of the great English eighteenth-century artists to be accorded his due", and "England's greatest gardener". He designed over 170 parks, many of which still endure.
- His influence was so great that the contributions to the English landscape garden made by Charles Bridgeman and William Kent are often overlooked; even Kent's apologist Horace Walpole allowed that Kent had been followed by "a very able master".
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Gardens by Capability Brown (28 C)
- ► Lancelot Brown monument, Wrest Park (5 F)
- ► The Wilderness House, Hampton Court Road, Hampton Court (1 C, 2 F)
Pages in category "Capability Brown"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Capability Brown"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.