English: Lancelot Brown (1716–1783), more commonly known as Capability Brown, was an English Landscape designer the English landscape garden.
- He is remembered as "the last of the great English eighteenth-century artists to be accorded his due", and "England's greatest gardener". He designed over 170 parks, many of which still endure.
- His influence was so great that the contributions to the English landscape garden made by Charles Bridgeman and William Kent are often overlooked; even Kent's apologist Horace Walpole allowed that Kent had been followed by "a very able master".
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Gardens by Capability Brown (28 C)
- ► Lancelot Brown monument, Wrest Park (5 F)
- ► The Wilderness House, Hampton Court Road, Hampton Court (1 C, 2 F)
Pages in category "Capability Brown"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Capability Brown"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Burton Constable Hall - Capability Brown's Bridge Detail.jpg 4,000 × 2,664; 2.79 MB
- Mr. Brown was pretty capable.jpg 683 × 1,024; 132 KB
- Plaque on the village Hall, Cambo - geograph.org.uk - 147511.jpg 427 × 640; 66 KB