Category:Carlingford Priory

Coat of arms of Ireland.svg
This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. LH005-042013-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerDatabase record.

Deutsch | English | français | italiano | македонски | +/−
Carlingford Priory; Kloster Carlingford; Mainistir Chairlinn; Dominican priory located in Carlingford, County Louth, Ireland; Haus der Dominikaner in Carlingford, County Louth, Irland
Carlingford Priory 
Dominican priory located in Carlingford, County Louth, Ireland
Carlingford Priory and Mountain - geograph.org.uk - 491559.jpg
Upload media
Instance of
LocationCounty Louth, Leinster, Ireland
Heritage designation
  • national monument of Ireland
54° 02′ 17.33″ N, 6° 11′ 04.05″ W
Authority control
Edit infobox data on Wikidata
English: The Dominican Priory of St. Malachy was, according to T. de Burgos Hibernica Dominicana, founded in 1305 by Richard de Burgo, Earl of Ulster. The priory was dissolved in 1541 but the friars continued to be active in the area until the 17th century. See pp. 222 in Aubrey Gwynn and R. Neville Hadcock, Medieval Religious Houses Ireland. This site is protected as national monument #623 in state care of Ireland.
Gaeilge: Prióireacht Chairlinne

Media in category "Carlingford Priory"

The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.