Category:Center Wheeling Market
English: The Center Wheeling Market is a historic public market located along Market Street between 22nd and 23rd Streets in Wheeling, Ohio County in the U.S. state of West Virginia. It consists of the Center Wheeling Market building as well as the Center Wheeling Fish Market. The 1853 Center Wheeling Market building was designed by architect Thomas Pope as an open market. The building is of neoclassical style with three bays and structural cast iron Doric order columns. It has a gable roof and features a belfry complete with bell. The 1890 open brick, neo-Romanesque section was designed by Wheeling architect Edward B. Franzheim. It has brick piers that support a hipped roof with cross gables and a three-foot overhang. In 1900, a wooden enclosure was built at the northern bay to house the Center Wheeling Fish Market. Center Wheeling Market was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on February 20, 1975.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
|Instance of||market hall|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Center Wheeling Market - HAER (1 C, 15 F)
Media in category "Center Wheeling Market"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.