Category:Charles Ferdinand, Duke of Berry
English: Charles Ferdinand, Duke of Berry (Charles Ferdinand d'Artois; January 24, 1778 – February 14, 1820) was the younger son of Charles X of France and Marie Thérèse of Savoy. His maternal grandparents were Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia and Maria Antonietta of Spain, the youngest daughter of Philip V of Spain and Elizabeth Farnese. Charles Ferdinand married first an Englishwoman, Amy Brown, by whom he had two (recognized) daughters, afterwards the comtesse de Issoudun, princesse de Faucigny-Lucinge-et-Coligny et princesse de Lucinge by marriage, and the comtesse de Vierzon, baronne de Charette by marriage. In 1816 he married the princess Caroline Ferdinande Louise (1798-1870), oldest daughter of Francis I of the Two Sicilies, following negotiations to the Two Sicilies by the French ambassador Pierre Louis Jean Casimir. A daughter, Louise d'Artois, was born in 1819 and later married Charles III, Duke of Parma.
French politician (1778-1820)
|Name in native language||Charles-Ferdinand d'Artois|
|Date of birth||24 January 1778, 23 January 1778|
|Date of death||14 February 1820|
|Manner of death|
|Cause of death|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Charles Ferdinand, Duke of Berry"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- The French royal family in circa 1822 by Gautier.png 603 × 447; 582 KB
- Assassinat duc de Berry.jpg 3,455 × 3,063; 1.59 MB
- Assassination of Charles-Ferdinand of France, Duke of Berry.jpg 500 × 358; 59 KB
- Lille Eglise Saint Maurice Monument à Charles Ferdinand d'Artois (WLM2018).jpg 3,148 × 2,619; 1.75 MB
- Lille Eglise Saint Maurice Monument à Charles Ferdinand d'Artois.JPG 4,912 × 3,264; 4.11 MB
- Lille St maurice CF d'Artois.JPG 1,884 × 1,400; 2.03 MB
- Maria Theresa of Savoy and her children - Ingouf 1779.jpg 1,952 × 2,623; 1.61 MB
- Undated signature of Charles Ferdinand d'Artois, Duke of Berry.JPG 658 × 228; 37 KB