Category:Christ Church and Holy Family (Brooklyn)
Christ Church and Holy Family Episcopal Church at 320 Clinton Street on the corner of Kane Street in the Cobble Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1841-42 and was designed in the English Gothic Revival style by Richard Upjohn, who lived down the street at #296. The rectory is at #326. The altar, altar railing, reredos, pulpit, lectern and chairs were added in 1917 and were designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany. The building was destroyed by fire in 1939, and was rebuilt. The steeple was damaged by a storm in 2012, Brooklyneagle.com and taken down to prevent further collapse. The congregation dates from 1835. The church is part of the Cobble Hill Historic District, created in 1969. (Sources: Cobble Hill Historic District Designation Report, AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and "History" on church website)
Media in category "Christ Church and Holy Family (Brooklyn)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Christ Church & Holy Family Church Brooklyn from Kane Street.jpg 2,308 × 1,830; 1.11 MB
- Christ Church Cobble Hill under netting jeh.jpg 2,399 × 2,998; 1.55 MB
- Christ Cobble Hill CoE 326 Clinton St jeh.jpg 1,820 × 2,924; 1.1 MB
- Christ Church (Episcopal) Cobble Hill.jpg 2,622 × 1,336; 966 KB
- Christ Church (Episcopal) Cobble Hill.png 2,622 × 1,336; 3.23 MB