Category:Christopher Columbus by Emma Stebbins
statue by Emma Stebbins
The marble statue of Christopher Columbus by sculptor Emma Stebbins, made in the late 1860s, stands on a stylized limestone plinth designed by Aymar Embury II in 1934. The statue was presented to the Board of Commissioners of Central Park by Marshal O. Roberts in 1869, but it was not installed in Central Park. It was discovered in storage in 1934, and was installed in Columbus Park in Manhattan's Chinatown. In 1971, when the south part of Cadman Plaza in Downtown Brooklyn was renamed Columbus Park, the statue was moved to its current placement, in front of the New York State Supreme Court Building. (Source: NYC Parks Dept description)
Media in category "Christopher Columbus by Emma Stebbins"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Bk Columbus statue jeh.JPG 1,782 × 3,662; 741 KB
- Borohallirtstairjeh.JPG 2,644 × 2,168; 673 KB
- Christoper Columbus statue Columbus Park Brooklyn side view.jpg 1,617 × 2,970; 1.55 MB
- Christopher Columbus by Emma Stebbins - Brooklyn, NY - DSC07521.JPG 3,648 × 5,472; 4.8 MB
- Christopher Columbus statue Columbus Park Brooklyn front view.jpg 1,574 × 2,776; 1.16 MB