Category:Cittadella of Alessandria
The Citadel of Alessandria is one of the most magnificent and best preserved European monuments within the permanent fortifications of the eighteenth century and one of the few still existing. It is the only European fortress still inserted in its original environment: there isn't a screen of homes that closes the view of the ramparts, or a heavy traffic road that surrounds the ditches.
For the first time in the history of Italy on March 10 1821, the tricolore was raised on the bastions of the citadel by Colonel Ansaldi, during the Piedmont insurrection. Since 2006, the Citadel (formerly National Monument) is included in the "Tentative List" for the application to the World Heritage UNESCO.
- Giovanni Spadolini, preface to La Cittadella di Alessandria, una fortezza per il territorio dal settecento all'unità by Anna Marotta . SO.G.ED. 1991
- The tricolore was not the classic white-red-green of the Italian flag, but the one with the colors of the Carbonari, blue, red and black
Media in category "Cittadella of Alessandria"
The following 30 files are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Bergoglio.jpg 3.21 MB
- Campo trincerato.jpg 6.56 MB
- Cannone superstite.jpg 2.05 MB
- Cella-vochieri.jpg 442 KB
- Cittadella bombardata.jpg 1.29 MB
- Cittadella Militare.jpg 643 KB
- Lapide 100 cannoni.jpg 2.3 MB
- Lorenzo Bernardino Pinto.jpg 668 KB
- Medaglia100cannoni.jpg 687 KB
- Ospedale-militare.jpg 712 KB
- Panorama cittadella.jpg 418 KB
- Piano di insieme.jpg 3.38 MB
- Pianta Cittadella 1846.jpg 5.96 MB
- Piazza-armi.jpg 894 KB
- Sistema idraulico.jpg 5.08 MB
- Sistemi levatoi.jpg 4.36 MB