Category:City of Adelaide (ship, 1896)
- Unique water jet propelled vessel provided by Robert Barr Smith
- Built of galvanised steel
- Long 15.8 m
- Beam 4.9 m
- 80 persons
- 1896 Named: CITY OF ADELAIDE for the South Australian Colonial Navy, transferred to Beachport
- 1911 Assisted the survivors of the steamer time, near Beachport.
- Propulsion system suffered some problems during its career, and while it did not attend a shipwreck it stood by several ships in distress and helped save many lives.
- 1930 Out of service
- Declared an Historic Shipwreck under the South Australian Act, 1981, and is now on display at Port Lincoln.
Media in category "City of Adelaide (ship, 1896)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Lifeboat at Grindal Island, South Australia (ca. 1950).jpg 700 × 480; 25 KB