English: Classical antiquity — also the Classical era, Classical period, or Classical age.
- A broad term for a long period of cultural history centered on the Mediterranean Sea, comprising the interlocking civilizations of ancient Greece and ancient Rome, collectively known as the Greco-Roman world.
- It is the period in which Greek and Roman society flourished and wielded great influence throughout Europe, Asia Minor, the Middle East, and North Africa.
Latina: Res classicae.
age of the ancient Greeks and the Romans
|Instance of||historical period|
|Part of||ancient history|
|Facet of||Greco-Roman world|
|Start time||1199 BC (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584, disputed), 799 BC (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584, disputed)|
|End time||600 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584, disputed)|
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
- ► People of Classical Antiquity (5 C)
- ► Hellenistic age (13 C, 10 F)
- ► Italic (3 C)
- ► Late antiquity (22 C, 31 F)
- ► Medals of antiquity (2 C, 3 F)
- ► Nudity and classical culture (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Old age in antiquity (3 C, 17 F)
- ► Papyrology (6 C, 1 F)
- ► Religion in classical antiquity (2 C)
Media in category "Classical antiquity"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- MB15.000.D105.jpg 4,736 × 4,208; 8.53 MB
- Paolo Monti - Servizio fotografico (Bergama, 1962) - BEIC 6362086.jpg 1,280 × 1,260; 1.9 MB