en: Cleethorpes is a town in North East Lincolnshire, England, situated at the mouth of the River Humber. Cleethorpes is a seaside resort and is physically linked to the neighbouring town of Grimsby (the main town boundary runs along the residential, Park Street). Interestingly Cleethorpes also hosts the home ground of the football club, Grimsby Town F.C., one of few, but not the only, English league clubs with a town or city name to have their home ground in a different community. Residents in older Cleethorpes are called Meggies but it seems very unclear where the name "meggie" comes from. Some say that the top of Isaac's Hill used to be called "Megs Island", while others say a "meggie" was the cost of a tram fare from Grimsby to the resort.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Dolphin Gardens, Cleethorpes (2 F)
- ► Grimsby Town F.C. (3 C, 3 F)
- ► History of Cleethorpes (2 C, 1 F)
- ► Transport in Cleethorpes (1 C)
Media in category "Cleethorpes"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 245 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Cleethorpes High Street 1904.jpg 1.01 MB
- Cleethorpes Illumination.jpg 237 KB
- Cleethorpes Town Centre.jpg 257 KB
- Fountain in Cleethorpes.JPG 118 KB
- Lincolnshire (434144127).jpg 798 KB
- Lincolnshire (434145323).jpg 589 KB
- Lincolnshire (434145604).jpg 801 KB
- Lincolnshire (434146417).jpg 612 KB
- Lincolnshire (434146634).jpg 632 KB