Category:Curtis Publishing Company Building
The Curtis Publishing Company Building, now known as the Curtis Center, at 699 Walnut Street between Sansom Street, S. 6th and S. 7th Street in the Washington Square West neighborhood of Philadelphia, was built in 1910 and was designed by Edgar Seeler in the Beaux Arts style as the headquarters for the company that published the Saturday Evening Post, Ladies Home Journal and many other magazines. The interior of the building features a terraced waterfall and fountain, an atrium with faux-Egyptian palm trees, and the 15'x49' glass-mosaic The Dream Garden (1916) designed by Maxwell Parish and made by Louis Tiffany and Tiffany Studios, and which is now owned by the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Curtis sold the building 1968 to a real estate developer, and leased half of it back. It was renovated in 1990 by Oldham and Seltz and John Milner Associates. (Sources: Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide to the City and "The Curtis Center" and "Dream Garden" on USHistory.org)
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Dream Garden (mural) (2 F)
Media in category "Curtis Publishing Company Building"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Curtis building.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.78 MB
- Curtis Publishing Company Building colonnade.jpg 3,158 × 2,020; 1.63 MB
- Curtis Publishing Company Building entrance on 7th Street.jpg 2,388 × 3,167; 1.51 MB
- Curtis Publishing Company Building entrance.jpg 2,926 × 1,728; 976 KB
- Curtis Publishing Company Building.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.25 MB