Open main menu

Category:Custódia da Patriarcal

The large Patriarchal Monstrance was a gift from king D. João V to the Patriarchal Cathedral of Lisbon. It was commissioned to the Lisbon goldsmith Pedro Silva in 1748, unfortunately damaged in the 1755 earthquake, and repaired by the Lisbon goldsmith Joaquim Caetano de Carvalho in the second half of the 18th century. The original design is attributed to the king's architect João Frederico Ludovice. It is made of solid gold weighing more than 17 kg, and has more than 4100 diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds. Nowadays stands in the Museu de Arte Sacra of the Lisbon Patriarchal Cathedral, Portugal.

Media in category "Custódia da Patriarcal"

The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.