This category is for compounds containing the cyanide anion, CN− and for HCN and its inorganic derivatives.
The term cyanide is sometimes used to refer to covalently-bonded organic compounds of the form R−C≡N, but current advice is to call these compounds nitriles, so they belong in Category:Nitriles.
However, where R is not a carbon atom but another element such as silicon, the compound may be correctly called a cyanide even though it is for the most part organic.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Bucherer-Bergs reaction (17 F)
- ► Diorganylaluminium cyanides (5 F)
- ► Hydrogen cyanide (20 F)
- ► Lithium cyanide (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Mercury(II) cyanide (6 F)
- ► Potassium cyanide (1 C, 5 F)
- ► Sodium cyanide (11 F)
Media in category "Cyanides"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Ammonium cyanide.png 10 KB
- CLARK 3.svg 7 KB
- Cyanacetamide.svg 10 KB
- Cyano radical.svg 1 KB
- Cyhalothrin.png 18 KB
- Hydrocyanierung.svg 55 KB
- K3Fe(CN)6 from Xray.tif 1.2 MB
- K4Fe(CN)6(H2O)3.tif 683 KB
- KonzoBoyTylleskar.svg 10 KB
- Krogmann'sChain.jpg 29 KB
- Sulfanegen Reaction.png 21 KB
- Unit cell of AuCN.png 97 KB