This category is for compounds containing the cyanide anion, CN− and for HCN and its inorganic derivatives.
The term cyanide is sometimes used to refer to covalently-bonded organic compounds of the form R−C≡N, but current advice is to call these compounds nitriles, so they belong in Category:Nitriles.
However, where R is not a carbon atom but another element such as silicon, the compound may be correctly called a cyanide even though it is for the most part organic.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Bucherer-Bergs reaction (17 F)
- ► Diorganylaluminium cyanides (5 F)
- ► Hydrogen cyanide (19 F)
- ► Lithium cyanide (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Mercury(II) cyanide (6 F)
- ► Potassium cyanide (1 C, 5 F)
- ► Sodium cyanide (10 F)
Media in category "Cyanides"
The following 24 files are in this category, out of 24 total.
- 3298053437 ea5c15ccaa...
- Ammonium cyanide.png
- CLARK 3.svg
- Cyano radical.svg
- Cyanogen fluoride Ball...
- Cyanogen fluoride Spac...
- K3Fe(CN)6 from Xray.tif
- Queensland State Archi...
- Sulfanegen Reaction.png
- Unit cell of AuCN.png