English: Darjeeling (Nepali: दार्जीलिंग) is a town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is the headquarters of Darjeeling district, in the Shiwalik Hills on the lower range of the Himalaya, at an average elevation of 6,982 ft (2,128 m). During the British Raj in India, Darjeeling's temperate climate led to its development as a hill station (hill town) for British residents to escape the heat of the plains during the summers, becoming known as the Summer Capital.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Buildings in Darjeeling (11 C, 20 F)
- ► Culture of Darjeeling (4 C, 18 F)
- ► People of Darjeeling (8 C, 42 F)
- ► Education in Darjeeling (4 C, 1 F)
- ► Geography of Darjeeling (5 C, 92 F)
- ► History of Darjeeling (5 C, 2 F)
- ► Monuments and memorials in Darjeeling (3 C, 1 F)
- ► Nature of Darjeeling (5 C, 21 F)
- ► Transport in Darjeeling (4 C, 1 F)
- ► Visitor attractions in Darjeeling (15 C, 3 F)
Pages in category "Darjeeling"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Darjeeling"
This category contains only the following file.
- View from Tibetian Refugees Center, Darjeeling, WB (INDIA).jpg 4,160 × 3,120; 6.62 MB