The Dartrey Estate comprised the Dartrey Forest, which today largely covers the former demesne (or 'park') that surrounded Dartrey Castle (also known as Dartrey House or Dawson Grove), a neo-Elizabethan country house largely constructed in the 1840s. The castle was at the centre of the once vast Dartrey Estate (also known as the Dawson Grove Estate). The house was demolished in the 1950s. All that remains of the estate are gatehouses, ruined Mausoleum and a stable block built on five sides of an octagon The mansion was designed by William Burn, the famous British architect, for The 3rd Baron Cremorne (later created The 1st Earl of Dartrey). The house at Dartrey, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan was built in 1846 for Richard Dawson, third Lord Cremorne and later first Earl Dartry. The house was demolished in the 1950s. All that remains of the estate are gatehouses, ruined Mausoleum and a stable block built on five sides of an octagon.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Dartrey Estate"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.
- CS p3.126 - Dartrey, Monaghan - Morris's County Seats, 1879.jpg 2,736 × 1,930; 1.33 MB
- Dartrey entry path - geograph.org.uk - 1622136.jpg 480 × 640; 221 KB
- Dartrey's Iron Bridge - south side - geograph.org.uk - 1637306.jpg 640 × 480; 236 KB
- Layout of the 'new' stables - geograph.org.uk - 1622088.jpg 640 × 480; 210 KB
- Old Kitchen Garden, New Trees - geograph.org.uk - 1499658.jpg 640 × 480; 234 KB
- The new boathouse - Inner Lough, Dartrey - geograph.org.uk - 1620236.jpg 640 × 480; 222 KB
- The Temple on Black Island - Restoration - geograph.org.uk - 1499423.jpg 480 × 640; 256 KB