English: Deeping Gate is a village and civil parish, lying on the River Welland in Cambridgeshire. Traditionally, the area was part of the Soke of Peterborough, geographically considered a part of Northamptonshire; it now falls within the City of Peterborough unitary authority area. With a very small population, void of any major services, including a post office or even a chapel, the community depends on nearby Market Deeping, one and a quarter miles (2 km) north of the river in Lincolnshire, for economic and market services. Renaissance composer Robert Fayrfax was a native of the village.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Deeping Gate Bridge (10 F)
Media in category "Deeping Gate"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Former road to Maxey - geograph.org.uk - 864864.jpg 640 × 480; 121 KB
- High Locks Deeping St James geograph 705171.jpg 640 × 427; 67 KB
- High Locks on River Welland, Deeping Gate - geograph.org.uk - 640980.jpg 634 × 467; 133 KB
- Historical map showing Deeping Gate.PNG 581 × 380; 455 KB
- Race at the High Locks - geograph.org.uk - 693504.jpg 427 × 640; 103 KB
- Rural track, Deeping Gate - geograph.org.uk - 864853.jpg 640 × 480; 83 KB