Category:Design of lamps
- Light fixture or Luminaire is a technical and professional term for the fixtures used to hold a Lamp (electrical component)—the light source—a ’light bulb’ .
- Note: The vernacular word lamp is often used casually when meaning a light fixture—luminaire: including a table lamp, hanging lamp, porch lamp, desk lamp, wall lamp, floor lamp, and numerous others; and in their components’ names such as lamp shade, lamp cord, and lamp switch.
- Some categories such as this one use 'lamp' in their title, for articles actually about light fixtures.
- For international clarity this category is used when filing wikimedia articles about design of lighting fixtures, and use Category:Lamps only when an article is about designing a lamp—the actual electrical light source.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Lamp designs (9 C, 75 F)