Category:Districts of Kerala
|Instance of||second-level administrative country subdivision|
|Subclass of||district of India|
- North Kerala: Kasaragod, Kannur, Wayanad, Kozhikkod (Kozhikode, Calicut), Malappuram
- Central Kerala: Palakkad, Thrissur, Ernakulam, Idukki
- South Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kollam (Quilon), Alappuzha (Alleppey), Pathanamthitta, Kottayam
Almost all of the districts in Kerala have the same name as the important town or city in the district, the exception being Wayanad district, being the city of Kalpetta. The 14 districts are further divided into 62 taluks, 1,453 revenue villages and 1,007 en:Gram panchayats. Some of the districts and their towns were renamed in 1990 like Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kollam (Quilon), Alappuzha (Alleppey), Thrissur (Trichur or Thrishivaperur), Palakkad (Palghat), Kozhikode (Calicut) and Kannur (Cannanore).
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Alappuzha district (8 C, 8 F)
- ► Ernakulam district (9 C, 13 F)
- ► Idukki district (8 C, 1 P, 14 F)
- ► Malappuram district (9 C, 48 F)
- ► Wayanad district (8 C, 15 F)