Category:Dr. Joseph Leidy House
The Dr. Joseph Leidy House is a historic house located at 1319 Locus Street between S. 13th and S. Juniper Streets in the Washington Square West neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, next to the Clarence B. Moore House, designed by the same architect in 1890. The Leidy House was built in 1893-94 and was designed by noted architect Wilson Eyre to be the home of Joseph Leidy, a noted American paleontologist. From 1925 to 1979, the house served as the clubhouse of the now-defunct Poor Richard Club, whose members worked in advertising, and, with the Moore House next door, was part of the Charles Morris Price School of Advertising and Journalism. Currently, it is the headquarters of District 1199C, the National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.
Media in category "Dr. Joseph Leidy House"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 1319 Locust, Philly.JPG 3,206 × 3,206; 4.17 MB
- 1319locust marker.jpg 2,118 × 1,050; 418 KB
- 1319locustst front.jpg 1,780 × 2,124; 767 KB
- 1319slocust address.jpg 2,312 × 1,180; 546 KB
- Dr. Joseph Leidy House 1319 Locust Street from west.jpg 1,997 × 2,395; 1.52 MB
- Dr. Joseph Leidy House from east.jpg 2,435 × 2,373; 2.03 MB
- LeidyHouse.jpg 667 × 931; 129 KB
- Moore House and Leidy House.jpg 2,870 × 2,359; 1.68 MB