Category:Dungarvan Friary (Abbeyside)

Coat of arms of Ireland.svg
This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. WA031-040005-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerDatabase record.

Deutsch | English | français | italiano | македонски | +/−
Coat of arms of Ireland.svg
This object is indexed in the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage of Ireland under the registration number 22821001
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerMain record.

Deutsch | English | македонски | +/−
English: The Augustinian friary of Dungarvan (Abbeyside) was founded c. 1290 by Thomas Fitzmaurice Fitzgerald. After its suppression in 1541, the church continued to be used as parish church. In 1654 the church was already in ruins. (See entry 1307 in Michael Moore: Archaeological Inventory of County Waterford, p. 162.