Category:Edward and Elizabeth Riley House

Built in 1890, this Queen Anne-style house located at 15 West Gilman Street in Madison, Wisconsin, was built for Edward and Elizabeth Riley. Edward F. Riley (1847–1927) was secretary of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents from 1888 to 1906 and was a prominent member of business and real estate circles in Madison. Their son was the distinguished Madison architect Frank M. Riley (1875–1949).

The house is clad in wooden clapboard on the first floor and wooden shingles on the gable ends and second floor. It has replacement windows, a two-story bay window on the front, a hipped roof with front and side gables, decorative brackets, a first floor picture window, a wrap-around porch with stick and ball motif on the trim and railings, decorative columns, and a decorative glass window on the side facade of the first floor.

The house is a contributing structure in the Mansion Hill Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.

Media in category "Edward and Elizabeth Riley House"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.