Her son, Jeremy, started showing signs of strange and disturbing behavior which she attempted to correct with treatment approved by Scientology. Jeremy's schizophrenia eventually progressed to the point where he felt Elli was poisoning him, prompting an unsuccessful suicide attempt. When this failed, Jeremy instead murdered his mother.
- Scientology - A Question of Faith: Did A Mother's Faith Contribute To Her Murder?, CBS News (2006)
- PerkinsTragedy.org - Web site cited in Los Angeles Weekly ad and by Salon
Media in category "Elli Perkins"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- 2003-03-13-perkins-statement.gif 778 × 1,024; 67 KB
- 2003-07-29-probation.gif 684 × 900; 13 KB
- 2004-01-29-transmittal.gif 780 × 1,024; 16 KB
- 2008 03 protest signs on capes.jpg 1,280 × 960; 249 KB
- Minneapolis Oct 2009 protest against Scientology sign 01.jpg 640 × 480; 114 KB