English: Here are several European fortifications in Elmina which often called Elmina Castle in short. Here are
- Fort São Jorge da Mina erected by the Portugueses in 1482, was conquered by the Dutches in 1637 und was sold to Great Britain 1872. From 1739 on, probably also already before, to 1814 the fort was also an important posts for the shipment of slaves delievered by the King of Ashanti.
- Fort Conraadsburg was build 1637 by the Dutches on the São Jago Hill in Elmina in immediate vicinity to the Fort São Jorge da Mina. (also often called as Fort San Jago d'Elmina (or in similar forms of spelling). The only purpose of this fort was the accomplishment of the capture of the Portuguese Fort in the neighbourhood.
- and any little outposts in and around the town of Elmina which were more or lesser fortified.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Elmina Castle"
The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.