Category:Federal Building and Post Office (Brooklyn)
The Federal Building and Post Office at 271-301 Cadman Plaza East (Washington Street) at the corner of Johnson Street in the Civic Center neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in two stages. The original building, which was the Brooklyn General Post Office, was built in 1885-1891 and was designed by Mifflin E. Bell, succeeded by William A. Freret, in the Romanesque Revival style. The north addition to the post office is now the U.S. Bankruptcy Court and United States Attorney's Offices. It was built in 1930-33 and was designed by James Wetmore. Both were remodeled in 2000 by R. M. Kliment & Frances Halsband. Both buildings are NYC landmarks (1966) and are on the National Register of Historic Places (1974). (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
Media in category "Federal Building and Post Office (Brooklyn)"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- 0321071419a.jpg 640 × 480; 98 KB
- Brooklyn GPO SE jeh.JPG 3,462 × 2,347; 855 KB
- Brooklyn Post Office 0321071421a.jpg 640 × 480; 93 KB
- Brooklyn US Post Office.JPG 2,592 × 1,944; 2.2 MB
- Federal Building and Post Office (Brooklyn) - DSC07529.JPG 3,648 × 5,472; 5.12 MB
- Federal Building and Post Office (Brooklyn) - DSC07549.JPG 3,648 × 5,472; 4.98 MB
- Federal Building and Post Office (Brooklyn) - DSC07553.JPG 3,648 × 5,472; 5.85 MB
- Federal Building and Post Office Brooklyn.jpg 719 × 960; 114 KB
- U.S. Post Office and Bankruptcy Court, Brooklyn.jpg 2,955 × 1,692; 1.14 MB
- U.S. Post Office Brooklyn central section.jpg 2,210 × 2,770; 1.7 MB
- U.S. Post Office Brooklyn tower.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 1.96 MB