Open main menu

Category:Foellinger Auditorium

Foellinger Auditorium 
auditorium and lecture hall at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Foellinger Auditorium University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign closer.jpg
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance of architectural structure
LocationUrbana, Champaign County, Illinois
Architect
Inception
  • 1907
Authority control
Wikidata

40° 06′ 21.24″ N, 88° 13′ 37.92″ W

Blue pencil.svg
福林傑禮堂 (zh-hant); 福林杰礼堂 (zh-cn); Foellinger Auditorium (en); Thính phòng Foellinger (vi) auditorium and lecture hall at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (en)

The Foellinger Auditorium, located at 709 S. Mathews Avenue in Urbana, Illinois on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is a concert hall and the university's largest lecture hall. It is the southernmost building on the main quad. The building was completed in 1907 and was designed by Clarence H. Blackall, a noted theatre designer, in the Beaux-Arts style. The building is essentially a circle with a 120-foot diameter covering 17,000 square feet, with a large vestibule on the north side, and 396 lights in its copper dome. Originally dedicated to the composer Edward MacDowell, the building was rededicated on April 26, 1985 in honor of Helene Foellinger, whose gift to the university enabled the facility to undergo a major renovation.

Two of the four existing fragments of Loredo Taft's uncompleted Fountain of Creation stand outside the south facade of the building.

Media in category "Foellinger Auditorium"

The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.