Category:Former Archives Building

Logo du Répertoire canadien des lieux patrimoniaux.svg
Logo du Répertoire canadien des lieux patrimoniaux.svg
National Historic Site of Canada


English: The Former Archives Building National Historic Site of Canada is a substantial stone building, designed in the federal Tudor Gothic style. The building is set back from Sussex Drive, a street that is also the home of several other major federal institutions in Ottawa, including its immediate neighbours, the Royal Canadian Mint National Historic Site of Canada and the National Gallery of Canada. The building consists of an original, seven-bay three-storey block with a central entrance built from 1904 to 1906, and a larger three-storey addition at right angles to it between 1924 and 1925. The building served as the home of Canada's national archives until 1967, and as the home of the Canadian War Museum from 1967 to 2005. In 2006, it was acquired by Aga Khan IV to serve as the headquarters of the Global Centre for Pluralism.
Français : Le lieu historique national du Canada de l'Ancien-Édifice-des-Archives-Fédérales est un imposant édifice de pierre de style gothique Tudor fédéral. L'édifice est en retrait de la promenade Sussex, à Ottawa, sur laquelle se trouvent plusieurs autres importantes institutions fédérales situés à proximité dont le lieu historique national du Canada de la Monnaie-Royale-Canadienne et le Musée des beaux-arts du Canada. Il se compose d'un bloc original de trois étages à sept baies, avec une entrée centrale, construit de 1904 à 1906, et d'un ajout perpendiculaire plus important de trois étages construit en 1924 à 1925. Le bâtiment a été utilisé pour les archives nationales du Canada jusqu'en 1967, et pour le Musée canadien de la guerre de 1967 à 2005.

Media in category "Former Archives Building"

The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.

Last modified on 2 April 2014, at 00:42