Category:Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank

The Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank building at 51 Chambers Street between Broadway and Centre Street in the Civic Center neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1908-1912 and was designed by Raymond F. Almirall in the Beaux-Arts style. It was the first skyscrapers to use the "H" lay-out. The bank itself was organized in 1850 by Roman Catholic Bishop John Hughes and the Irish Emigrant Society, with the purpose of protecting the savings of Irish immigrants to the city. The building is now owned by the City of New York, and was designated a NYC landmark in 1984; both the exterior and interior are landmarked. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))

Logo of the United States National Park Service.svg
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
82003375
Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank building 
architectural structure
Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank 001 002 003 combined.JPG
Upload media
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance ofskyscraper,
bank building
Location Manhattan, New York City, New York
Architectural style
Architect
Heritage designation
40° 42′ 50.4″ N, 74° 00′ 18″ W
Authority control
Edit infobox data on Wikidata
Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank building (en); Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank (es); 移民工業儲蓄銀行大樓 (zh); Emigrant Bank Building (de) Hochhaus in New York City (de); strukturë arkitekturore (sq); architectural structure (en); גורד שחקים בארצות הברית (he); bouwwerk in de Verenigde Staten (nl) Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank (es)

Media in category "Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank"

The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.