Category:Former Lai Chun Yuen

Lai Chun Yuen Opera House (en) Historic Chinese opera house in Singapore (en)
Lai Chun Yuen Opera House 
Historic Chinese opera house in Singapore
Upload media
Instance of
1° 16′ 57.36″ N, 103° 50′ 39.12″ E
Authority control
ReasonatorScholiaPetScanstatisticsWikiMapLocator toolKML fileWikiShootMeOpenStreetMapSearch depicted
Edit infobox data on Wikidata
English: The former Lai Chun Yuen at 25 Trengganu Street, Singapore 058476, at the junction of Trengganu Street and Smith Street in Chinatown, was a Chinese opera theatre built in 1887. After 1940 the Shaw Brothers leased the premises and renamed them Sin Seng Theatre. The building was bombed during World War II, and following the war it was used as a merchandise shop and then as a warehouse for street hawkers. Following restoration work in 1998, it was purchased by a Taiwanese businessman who donated it to the Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu Chi Foundation. The building is now occupied by the Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen.

References

Media in category "Former Lai Chun Yuen"

The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.