English: The Fossil Falls — a geological feature located near Little Lake in the Coso Range of the northern Mojave Desert, in Inyo County, California.
- The prehistoric waterfall was formed in basalt formations of the Coso Volcanic Field from erosion by the prehistoric Owens River.
- The area's Archaeological sites of the Coso People are on the National Register of Historic Places in Inyo County, California.
Media in category "Fossil Falls"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Fossil Falls, volcanic - panoramio (1).jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 4.76 MB
- Fossil Falls, volcanic - panoramio (2).jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 5.08 MB
- Fossil Falls, volcanic - panoramio.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 5.13 MB
- Fossil Falls.JPG 1,944 × 2,592; 1.63 MB
- Scottsadventure silhouette at Fossil Falls.JPG 852 × 480; 90 KB
- Volcanic cinder cone fossil falls.JPG 3,264 × 2,448; 2.74 MB