Category:Fowler Square, Brooklyn
Union Army officer
|Date of birth||29 May 1826|
|Date of death||16 January 1896|
|Place of burial|
Fowler Square, located at the intersection of Lafayette Avenue and Fulton Street at Fort Greene Place in the Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City, was formerly named Lafayette Square. It features a statue of Civil War hero Brigadier General Edward Fowler by sculptor Henry Baerer, which was dedicated in 1902. In the 1960s the statue had suffered deterioration and was removed to storage for safekeeping; it was restored to its place in 1976 and conserved in 2005. The square itself was renovated in 2010. (Sources:  and )
Media in category "Fowler Square, Brooklyn"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Edward fowler fort greene park brooklyn.jpg 249 × 382; 42 KB
- Fowler at Fowler Square jeh.jpg 2,102 × 2,697; 1.34 MB
- Fowler Square, Brooklyn, Sept 2017.jpg 2,966 × 2,161; 2.24 MB
- Fowler statue Bk PM sun jeh.jpg 2,701 × 3,596; 2.01 MB
- General Edward Fowler in Fowler Square crop.jpg 1,576 × 2,539; 1.41 MB
- General Edward Fowler in Fowler Square.jpg 2,297 × 2,938; 2.5 MB