Category:Franklin Pierce Homestead
house in Hillsborough, New Hampshire
|Location||Hillsborough, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire|
|Located at street address|
English: The Franklin Pierce Homestead was the childhood home of the fourteenth President of the United States, Franklin Pierce. Located in Hillsborough, New Hampshire, the home was built in 1804 by Pierce's father, Benjamin Pierce. The home is one of Franklin Pierce's probable places of birth, the other now lying beneath the nearby impoundment of Franklin Pierce Lake. Pierce lived at the homestead until 1834, with the exception of a seven year span spent away for school and the studying of law. The home remained in the Pierce family until 1925, when it was procured by the state of New Hampshire. Notables such as Daniel Webster have stayed there. Today, it is operated by the Hillsborough Historical Society and is a state park.
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Pierce Homestead, Hillsboro, NH (6 F)
Media in category "Franklin Pierce Homestead"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Franklin Pierce Homestead Barn.jpg 5,184 × 3,456; 7.64 MB
- HillsboroughNH FranklinPierceHomestead.jpg 1,024 × 680; 250 KB
- Historic homes of New England (1914) (14767313541).jpg 1,864 × 1,210; 798 KB
- Pierce Birthplace.jpg 545 × 488; 58 KB
- Pierce Homestead with sign.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 872 KB
- Pierce Homestead.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 739 KB
- Presidents Franklin Pierce birthplace.jpg 1,373 × 793; 211 KB