Category:Geography of Kochi, Kerala
|Instance of||geography of geographic location|
|Subclass of|| urban geography,|
geography of Kerala
|Location||Kochi, Kerala, India|
Kochi (Malayalam: കൊച്ചി, formerly known as Cochin) is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. Kochi is located in the district of Ernakulam, about 220 km north of the state capital Thiruvananthapuram. Old Kochi loosely refers to a group of islands including Willingdon Island, Fort Kochi and Mattancherry. Today Kochi includes Ernakulam, old parts of Kochi, Kumbalangi, and outlying islands. For centuries up to and during the British Raj, the city of Kochi was the seat of the eponymous princely state — the Kingdom of Cochin.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Aerial photographs of Kochi, Kerala (1 F)
- ► Beaches in Kochi, Kerala (4 C, 12 F)
- ► Climate of Kochi, Kerala (2 C, 1 F)
- ► Islands of Kochi, Kerala (8 C, 2 F)
- ► Night in Kochi, Kerala (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Veeranpuzha (3 F)
- ► Water transport in Kochi, Kerala (7 C, 27 F)