Category:Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo House
The Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo House at 867 Madison Avenue on the corner of East 79th Street in the Lenox Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1895-98 and was designed by the architecture firm of Kimball & Thompson in the French Renaissance revival style, modeled after the chateaux of the Loire valley. It has more specifically been credited to Alexander Mackintosh, a British-born architect who worked for Kimball & Thompson from 1893 until 1898. The building was converted for commercial use in 1921, and was renovated in 1984 by Polo Ralph Lauren. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.), NY Times article)
Media in category "Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo House"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo House 867 Madison Avenue.jpg 2,576 × 2,155; 1.26 MB
- Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo Mansion 001.JPG 2,944 × 2,208; 2.31 MB
- Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo Mansion 002.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 3.89 MB
- Gertrude Rhinelander Waldo Mansion 003.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 4.23 MB
- Lisa Fonssagrives.jpg 640 × 564; 42 KB
- Rhinelander Mansion de Evia Dining Room.JPG 1,200 × 1,600; 396 KB
- Rhinelander Mansion.JPG 1,600 × 1,200; 591 KB