Open main menu

Category:Glenericht (ship, 1885)

English: The Glenericht was a four-masted iron ship built in 1885 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool for L.H. McIntyre & Co., Liverpool. 1882 and 1895 she was sold to other British owners. 1898 she was in a collision with the fourmasted barque Balmoral off Cap Horn and hand to put into Montevideo for repairs. 1899 sold to W. Just & Co., Liverpool. 1907 sold to Hubert Bode, Hamburg, and was renamed Mariechen. Captain J. Reiners. Assigned the German signal RPNG. 1909 sold to Reederei Gesellschaft Nord mbH, Hamburg and 1910 sold to R. Mattson, Mariehamn. 1916 October 15 arrived at Glasgow from Pensacola and Interned in Chile until 1921. breaking up in the Netherlands in 1924.
Her dimensions were: length × beam × depth = 289.6 × 44.3 × 25.2 ft (88.2 × 13.5 × 7.6 m), she had a tonnage of 2434 GRT and 2341 NRT and was rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails[1].

see also Wreck reports

Names:

Media in category "Glenericht (ship, 1885)"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.