Category:Golden Gate Theatre (San Francisco)
theater and former movie theater in San Francisco, California, United States
|Instance of||performing arts center,
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
|Located at street address||
The Golden Gate Theatre is located at 1 Taylor Street at the corner of Golden Gate Avenue in San Francisco, California. It was designed by G. Albert Lansburgh, and opened in 1922 as a vaudeville house and later was a major movie theater. In the 1960s it boasted a Cinerama screen, but by the early 1970s it had declined and was showing blaxploitation films. It was restored and reopened as a performing arts venue in the late 1970s. The venue is primarly used for touring Broadway shows and pre-Broadway tryouts. The theatre is part of the Market Street Theatre and Loft District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Media in category "Golden Gate Theatre (San Francisco)"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- 2017 Golden Gate Theatre looking up 6th Street.jpg 1,728 × 1,936; 1.03 MB
- 2017 Golden Gate Theatre.jpg 1,737 × 1,640; 748 KB
- Golden Gate Theater facade.jpg 4,017 × 2,673; 2.37 MB
- Golden Gate Theatre - San Francisco, CA - DSC06532.jpg 4,608 × 3,265; 8.2 MB
- San Francisco - Golden Gate Theatre 01.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 5.68 MB
- San Francisco - Golden Gate Theatre 02.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 5.46 MB
- San Francisco - Golden Gate Theatre 03.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 5.06 MB
- San Francisco Golden Gate Theatre 1.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.36 MB
- San Francisco Golden Gate Theatre 2.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.37 MB
- Slava Polunin May 2006 San Francisco as the show ended.jpg 2,048 × 1,365; 397 KB
- The Golden Gate Theatre, San Francisco, California LCCN2013631831.tif 4,096 × 4,368; 102.41 MB