Open main menu

Category:Gothenburg Pony Exp Monument

Text on the plaqueː
ORIGINAL PONY EXPRESS STATION - 1854 - Erected on the Oregon trail, four miles east of Fort McPherson, Lincoln County, Nebraska, and used as fur trading post and ranch house - 1840-1841 - Used as pony express station - 1842-1931 - Used as overland trail stage station, dwelling, bunk house and storage house on upper '96' ranch - 1931 Donated by Mrs. C.A. Williams to the city of Gothenburg, Nebraska, moved from it's original site and restored here by Gothenburg post no. 64, American Legion. - Dedicated to ALL PIONEERS who passed THIS WAY to WIN and HOLD the WEST.

Media in category "Gothenburg Pony Exp Monument"

The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.