Category:Great Blessing of Waters at Theophany
English: Epiphany is celebrated by both the Eastern and Western Churches, but a major difference between them is over precisely which historical events the feast commemorates. For Western Christians the feast primarily commemorates the coming of the Magi, while in the East the feast celebrates the Baptism of Christ in the Jordan River. However, in both cases the essence of the feast is the same: the manifestation of Christ to the world (whether as an infant or in the Jordan), and the Mystery of the Incarnation.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Vodokreschi (3 C, 36 F)
Media in category "Great Blessing of Waters at Theophany"
The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.
- BlesssingofWatersNeva.jpg 248 KB
- Epiphany (5329367635).jpg 308 KB
- Epiphany (5329368483).jpg 272 KB
- Epiphany (5329368777).jpg 440 KB
- Epiphany (5329979328).jpg 291 KB
- Epiphany (5329979454).jpg 317 KB
- Epiphany (5329979622).jpg 320 KB
- Epiphany (5329979848).jpg 404 KB
- Epiphany (5329979994).jpg 269 KB
- Great Blessing of Waters.jpg 1.79 MB
- Jordana1.jpg 388 KB
- Jordana3.jpg 683 KB